The Just for Laughs Comedy Conference is inviting you – the writers, comics and producers on the cutting edge of comedy – to present your WEB SERIES projects to a panel of leading comedy industry executives and decision-makers in an open-forum pitch session.
The session will take place at the conference in Montreal, July 25th through 27th.
A maximum of three (3) projects will be selected. Accepted applicants will be given
five (5) minutes to present their work to a panel of experts in this unique
opportunity and gain unparalleled access to top comedy industry professionals.
The winner will receive the opportunity to become an official YouTube partner and
have their content highlighted across the YouTube site. There is also a TV pilot pitch as well!
Submission deadline: May 10, 2013
* A non-refundable fee of $40.00 CAD must be included with each submission (credit
card payment only). If your project is not selected the fee may be applied to a
discounted JFL Comedy Conference attendee pass.
The following requirements apply to the Web Series Pitch category:
• All worldwide applicants are eligible
• All submissions must be in English
• Narrative, reality/unscripted, variety and animation pitches will be accepted
• Where completed film or video footage is included in the pitch, it cannot have
been produced prior to 2010.
• Complete pilot script OR pilot episode (digital video up to five (5) minutes
running time) to be screened as part of pitch.
• Budget top sheet
• Complete series ‘bible’ (includes project synopsis, character breakdown, first
season episode descriptions). Not to exceed five (5) pages
• Bios of creative and producing team
• It is understood that submitted materials will not be returned.
For more information, visit http://comedypro.hahaha.com/pitch-your-project/